Helping Hands for Homeschoolers is a biblically-based English Language Arts curriculum for all levels taught by Mrs. Ramirez, a credentialed secondary teacher with more than twenty years of experience writing, designing, and teaching language arts curriculum in public education. With her dedication and passion for education, Mrs. Ramirez’s experience has extended outside the classroom teaching pre-collegiate academic development courses at a local state university and as an independent contractor presenting to teachers at Stanford University and Santa Clara County Office of Education.
Her curriculum and instruction includes:
- Differentiated instruction particularly for college prep and English learners
- Personalized instruction for specific goals and educational needs
- Multiple models to help students achieve excellence
- Valuable and timely feedback on assignments
- Scaffolded strategies for success
- Knowledge and implementation of competencies expected at CSUs and UCs
Personal Philosophy and Profile
I believe in a rigorous curriculum within a supportive and nurturing classroom environment. Having taught students from a wide range of abilities and backgrounds, I am adept at scaffolding curriculum and constructing lessons that address students’ individual styles. My first priority is always the student, and a student’s engagement is key to his or her success.
Outside of the classroom, I love spending time with my family, ministering to others, gardening, cross-country skiing, kayaking, and hiking.